A destroyed British tank, half buried in a collapsed trench, May 1918.
An immobilised British Mark IV tank stands at the lip of a captured German trench at Flesquieres, in the bottom of which lie four dead German soldiers. During the Battle of Cambrai, 23 November 1917.
Mark IV Tank fitted with Tadpole Tail. The Tadpole Tail was the elongation of rear horns to increase trench-crossing power. The platform increased the rigidity of the horns and on it is a 6-inch trench mortar, which could be freed from it. Tadpole Tails were not satisfactory and did not go beyond the experimental stage.
British tanks being loaded onto a train after the Battle of Cambrai, November 1917.
Mark IV tank “Hyacinth” of H Battalion ditched in a German trench while supporting the 1st Battalion, Leicestershire Regiment, west of Ribecourt, 20 November 1917.